What is King of Thieves?
King of Thieves (or just KoT) is a mobile platformer game that combines tower defense and PVP multiplayer components into one unique mix. Dodge traps and steal gold from other players to become the wealthiest thief in the world!
Do I have to pay for this game?
You can download and play the game for free. Additional in-game currency can be purchased for real money, but you can always earn it by completing missions, winning leagues and breaking locks. To restrict in-app purchases, simply adjust the settings on your device.
What’s the goal of the game?
The ultimate goal is to become the wealthiest thief in the world by collecting the most valuable gems. Players can retrieve gems in mines, but the most efficient way to get them is through stealing them from each other. Stealing in KoT is not considered a bad thing; instead, it’s considered a national sport here.
However, it’s not enough to just collect the best gems – it’s also important to defend them from other players.
How can I move to another dungeon?
You must complete all rituals in your current dungeon before moving on to the next one. The teeth in the Totem’s mouth represent the amount or remaining rituals. Once the Totem has fallen apart, it makes sense to move on to continue performing rituals.
How can I get more gold?
1) Upgrade your Gold Mine Capacity and production speed. Your Gold Mine will bring you a steady gold revenue.
2) Upgrade your Skull Gold Bonus to get more coins for collecting skulls left by other players in your dungeon. This is especially effective when you have a good defense.
3) Use the Golden Blaze outfit (or any other outfits with Steal Gold Bonus) to steal more gold from other players.
4) Use the Skip button in multiplayer mode to find an opponent with a large amount of gold in his chest.
5) Compete in leagues for larger coin rewards.
What is the HP bar needed for? My thief dies each time he gets into a trap!
Each time your character gets into a trap, the HP is decreased depending on the level of that particular trap. Lower HP means less gold in the chest and a lower chance of stealing a gem from the Totem. You can increase your HP by crafting and upgrading your outfits.
Can I steal from a specific person?
Not at the moment.
What do I need these green potions at the bottom of the dungeon screen for?
Potions are useful to make it through a dungeon with less blood and tears. You can find them in the locks or earn them by completing rituals with gems of the same color.
There are 5 kinds of potions:
1) Gang of Thieves – magically clones your character, allowing you to sneak through tricky sets of traps.
2) Slow motion – slows time down, making it easier to find the right timing for jumps.
3) Ghost – shows you the ghost of the dungeon’s owner getting to the chest.
4) Disable Trap – randomly disables one of the traps in the dungeon
5) Double Gold – doubles the amount of gold earned from the chest….if you manage to reach it.
Are there any other ways to complete dungeons more easily?
Yes, actually there is a way. After 7 deaths in a dungeon, the trap that inflicted the most damage is disabled.
After moving, I can choose a trap set to install. Why should I pay hundreds or thousands of gold or orbs for other trap sets? They don’t look too impressive.
Expensive sets of traps come with harder and more advanced pre-made level designs, especially the third one. However, in many cases you can design a strong defense using basic traps, but it requires plenty of time and skill.
If I buy a set of traps, will they apply to the next dungeon?
No, traps only apply to the current dungeon.
If I upgrade a trap, would that upgrade apply to all traps of the same kind in my dungeons?
Yes. You do not upgrade a specific trap, but rather, a whole set of traps.
What advantages do these outfits give to a player?
Outfits increase your stats:
2) Chance to steal a gem.
3) Chance to steal the best gem available on a Totem.
4) Amount of gold you can steal from opponent.
Where can I get the ingredients to craft and upgrade the outfits?
You receive ingredients for each completed Totem ritual.
Why should I complete my own dungeon twice in a row?
This is meant to make all dungeons passable and fair for everyone. Completing a dungeon once can be an accident. Completing it twice in a row provides assurance that it can be completed by other mortals.
How does the “Retrieve” function work?
It allows you to recruit your Facebook friends to retrieve the gems stolen from you. Actually, those gems are copies of the ones stolen from you, because their new owners can already sell them or unite them with the other gems through rituals.
Can somebody steal gems from my Totem slots if I didn’t start a ritual?
No, your gems are safe. However, it is usually a good idea to put gems into the Totem and keep the ritual running in order to progress through the game.